1.What to expect when we visit Mt. Huangshan?
There are lots to see and explore on Huangshan. Mt. Huangshan is the must see, which is the most beautiful and loveliest mountain in China，known for “Four Wonders”, Hot Springs, Sea of Clouds, Strange Pines, Absurd Stones.
2. What should I prepare with me before I hike on the Mt. Huanghshan?
We suggest you only carry an overnight bag or backpack to the top of the mountain and leave your other suitcases at the hotel in downtown city.Things pack in your bag:
Firstly, the most important thing is taken the comfortable shoes, even you can take the cable car to the top, there are hundreds of narrow stairs to the various peaks Such as Sneakers, hiking shoes, walking stick is also necessary since the stairs are slippery sometimes.
Secondly, enough warm clothes are necessary, normally the weather on the mountain is much colder, even in summer, like jacket.
Thirdly, we recommend it’s better for you to take a raincoat or rain jacket instead of an umbrella due to its strong windy on the mountain.
Fourthly, don’t forget to prepare bottled water, snacks, sunscreen, mosquito repellant and so on.
Prepare enough water and snacks, as during the walking, you need replenish water incessantly and snacks can keep your energy level up.
3. What is the best time to travel to Huangshan?
Generally speaking, there is no bad time to visit Huangshan Mountain, because the landscapes of Mt. Huangshan are outstanding at any time. Different seasons offer distinctly different views.
Mt. Huangshan is a year-round travel destination with its distinctly different views in different seasons, there are some useful information in different seasons as below:
Spring: It’s a good time to have spring trip, the weather is very comfortable, the average temperature on Mt. Huangshan is around 10 ℃ (50F) in April. You can enjoy the pleasant birdsong and gurgling streams, with the flower blooming. Light rains fall through the spring and mist or thick fog often happens.
Tips: raincoat, thick coat, walking pole, hat, sunblock and so on.
Summer: Summer is the best time to enjoy the Sea of Clouds, one of the famous four features of the mountain, but it’s also the peak season. Averagely temperature is less than 20oC on the mountain, it’s pretty cool within the clouds.
Tips: raincoat, sunblock, hat and so on.
Autumn: It’s the most comfortable and scenery is stunningly beautiful. It’s the peak season for visitors to enjoy the magnificent scenery. With various peaks and red maple leaves, the mountain looks like traditional Chinese Mountains painting. It’s the clearest season to see the Mountain beauty.
Tips：raincoat, sunblock, gloves, sunglasses, it’s better to against the Chinese National Holiday(1st-7th Oct)
Winter: It’s the longest of the four seasons, is chilly but recommend its landscapes of Mt. Huangshan as the most spectacular. You can enjoy the mountain covers with thick snow. ?The cloud sea appears more frequent in winter than other seasons.
Tips: raincoat, thick coat, boots, walking pole, glove, sunglasses, hat and so on.
4. Are there any local specialties in Huanghan?
Yes. The Huangshan Maofeng tea, Four-treasures of the Study (the Hui Ink Sticks, She Ink Stones are famous local products), Hui Chrysanthemums and the Bamboo Shoots，Chinese calligraphy and painting are most famous specialties in Huangshan, you can buy them in Tunxi Ancient Street and Tea City.
5. Are there any local delicious foods in Huangshan?
Hui cuisine is one of the major cuisines in China. It highlights the color, seasoning as well as original flavor of the ingredients. Famous local dishes including preserved Mandarin Fish, Mao Tofu and Wenzheng Bamboo shoots and snacks so on. Tunxi Ancient Street is recommended for you to explore local delicious foods.
6. Where are best place to view Sunrise, Sea of Clouds, Sunset and Snowscape?
Sunrise: Refreshing Terrace, Shuguang Pavilion, Lion Peak, Jade Screen Pavilion, Bright Peak.
Sunset: Paiyun (Cloud Dispersing) Pavilion, Rosy Cloud Peak, Lion Peak and Bright Summit.
Sea of Clouds: Jade Screen Pavilion, Refreshing Terrace, White Goose Ridge, Paiyun Pavilion, Bright Peak.
Snowscape: Jade Screen Pavilion, Heavenly Sea, North Sea, West Sea, Pine Valley, Cloud Valley, Hot Spring.
7. When is the best time to view Sunrise, Sea of Clouds, Sunset and Snowscape?
Sunrise: Spring: 05:30 am to 06:00 am
Summer: 04:40 am to 05:10 am
Fall: 04:50 am to 06:20 am
Winter: 05:30 am to 06:00 am
Sea of Clouds: Sep to Dec and Jan to May
8. Accommodations in Huangshan?
Tunxi: the downtown of Huangshan city, around 60 km away from the Huangshan scenic area, here offers a wide range of accommodations and the hotels in Tunxi are much better in condition and options compare to the hotels on the top. And the room price is much more reasonable.
Tangkou, is a town at the foot of Mt. Huangshan, 1 km (0.6 mile) from the south gate of the Mt. Huangshan. There are many hotels and guesthouses in just basic condition but the price is reasonable as well.
Top of the Mt. Huangshan: It’s a good choice to stay on the top for one night and enjoy the sunrise and sunset. The price here is the highest among a large number hotels in Huangshan scenic area but the facility of the hotel is just basic compare to the hotels in Tunxi.
9. How to get to Huangshan?
There are flights connecting Huangshan and Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Xi’an and Chengdu. The Huangshan airport is located in Tunxi, downtown of the city. You can take bus 18, 19 from downtown to airport, costs around CNY15. First, from the airport to Huangshan scenic spot, take the public bus or taxi to Tunxi Bus Station, then take another bus from scenic area to Yellow Mountain, costs around CNY 20. Take Taxi from the airport to Yellow Mountain directly is very convenient, costs around CNY 140.
There are trains connecting Huangshan and Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Fuzhou, Nanjing. The train from Hangzhou to Huangshan will start in 2017.
Take long distance bus from Hangzhou to Huangshan is available as well, which takes around 2 hours. More information click to there.
10. How many cable ways are there in Mt. Huangshan? What's the difference?
There are three major cable ways in Mt. Huangshan: Yungu (Cloud Valley) Cable Way, Taiping Cable Way and Jade Screen Cable Way. Normally we choose the Yungu (Cloud Valley) Cable Way, which takes 8 persons per cabin and cost less than the other two. Taiping Cable Way takes 100 per cabin and Jade Screen Cable Way 6 persons per cabin.
Emergency Call Numbers for Huangshan Tour
122: Traffic accident
People's Hospital: 0559-2513765
Add: No.4 in Suli Street, Tunxi District
Huangshan District People's Hospital: 0559-8532572
Address: No.19 in Taiping West Road
The Second People's Hospital: 0559-2512978
Address: No.72 in Daizhen Road, Tunxi District
Tunxi District People's Hostpital: 0559-2514824
Address: No.53 in Xin'an North Road, Tunxi District
Huizhou District People's Hospital: 0559-3511137
Address: Yanci Town, Huizhou District
1. Roads are narrow and slippery when you ascend the mountain. It is wise for you to prepare a pair of hiking shoes or sneakers.
2. Thunder and rainy days are not suggested to climb the Yellow Mountain, and don’t take shelter under trees in these days.
3. The weather on the mountain is strong windy, take raincoat rather than umbrella.
4. Light bag is enough before you visit mountain, the other you can leave in your hotel at the foot of the mountain
5. It’s wise to book a hotel in advance during the peak season because there are a lot of visitors to Mt. Huangshan all year round. Book in advance can get discount sometimes. And because winter is the low season in Huangshan, not all hotels open, so make sure weather the hotel you want to book open or not.
6. Temperature is relatively low on the mountain especially in early morning and evening, so please take some warm coat.
7. April to November is peak season, it’s the best time to enjoy the mountain beauty.
8. If you want to smoking, please look for some areas with the smoking sign since there are full of trees.
9. It’s not allow visitors set up tents on the mountain, but around the hotels is ok.
10. Hot spring is very popular for visitors. Please remember some important information as below: 1) Do not swim in the hot water springs if you have high blood pressure, heart diseases without prior consultation of doctors; 2) Not suitable for pregnant women; 3) Don not bathe if you are unwell and hungry; 4) Accommodation is available near the hot springs.
11. Take a cable car is available to make your trip to the top of the mountain easier but there are still lots of steep narrow stairs on the mountain if you plan to get the most out of you time. Please take care when climbing and trying to get the best photo opportunity.
12. If you are fit, trained and have very comfy shoes and want to hike the mountain instead of taking cableways. Please walk up the eastern steps (4 to 5 hours), which is maybe a little less scenic but far less crowded and much shorter than the steeper, jam-packed western steps. Walking down the western steps it will take you 6-7 hours. If you are not fit take the cableways - it is a really long, hard, incessant walk up the mountain.
* Safe travel with us druing the COVID-19 pandemic
* Local Tour Provider, NOT the Third Party.
* We Know Hangzhou Better. We can offer Lowest Price Guarantee
* Free Cancellation Up to 24 Hours in Advance
* Satisfaction guaranteed trip plan to deeply connect with the people and culture
* Private Guide with 5+ years guiding Experience
* Professional Driver with 10+ years driving Experience
* 24/7 fully backed up by professional team
* Reply within 24 hours
1 to 1 tailor-made service from our professional travel advisors for the most sophisticated
Constantly excellent reviews for attraction, hotel and service Competitive price
Local experts provide quality tours Best selected knowledgeable local guides Authentic local restaurants
7*24 hours available to create you a worry-free tour. No Hidden Fees and absolutely no pressure to buy. Secured
Copyright © 2017 Hangzhouprivatetour.com All rights reserved. 浙ICP备18056007号